The Complete Guide to Point and Figure Charting
A Manual of Charting and Trading Techniques
The Complete Guide to Point and Figure Charting : Heinrich Weber,Kermit Zieg : Vision Books : Book (ISBN: 8170946700)
Price: Rs. 595
ISBN13/10: 9788170946700 / 8170946700
Latest Print in 2010
refer to friend
Table of Contents
"Point-and-figure is the best of all technical analysis methods," assert the expert authors and demonstrate in this book how this method produces consistent and reliable trading profits.
Not just that.
The authors also show how to apply this most powerful trading tool to stocks,
indices and other securities, including the various buy and sell signals, and
the precise entry and exit points — illustrated with loads of real life
- How to use horizontal and vertical counts to estimate the size of
- How to use stop-orders to protect positions,
- How to use pyramiding to maximise profitable trends,
- How to use swing trading in combination with point and figure, and
- How to adapt your trading style to your capital and risk tolerance.
Based on rigorous research, testing and analysis, Weber and Zieg's book is
the definitive guide to what point-and-figure charting is, and how to use this
powerful trading method first systematized by A. W. Cohen. It will benefit all
traders, from the novice to the experienced.
10 Powerful Advantages of Point-and-Figure:
- It is easy to understand.
- It focuses on what really matters: price movements.
- Point and figure is both a chart methodology and trading system which
directly produces buy and sell signals.
- It has been rigorously tested and it works.
- It provides exact decision rules to enter and exit trades.
- It is universal — the same techniques apply to every investment prudent
. . . including stocks, derivatives, commodities and mutual funds.
- It always gets you in on a major move.
- It works for both long and short positions, and always displays stop-loss
- It generates crystal-clear trend lines.
- It concentrates money in the trending positions.
"A natural 'primer' for new users, (with) plenty for the more experienced." -Dave Baker, PFscan Charting Software
"A masterpiece of clarity . . . puts most treatments of technical analysis to shade" -Alexander Davidson
HEINRICH A. WEBER was co-founder and managing director of the market-making
firm, Servisen Trading/QT Optec. He learned technical analysis while working
with one of the early exponents, Ed Hargitt. In a joint venture operation with
HSBC-James Capel, he directed the development of one of the first trading
systems using the Hurst coefficient.
He is a partner and risk manager of the active Eurex member firm, DeTraCo. As
a partner, he develops risk models and finan-cial forecasting applications with
AleaSoft (www.aleasoft.com), the European leader in the use of neural networks
for the predic-tion of energy prices. Occasionally, he does specific consulting
in the securities area, some of which is conducted jointly with Dr. Zieg.
Heinrich studied at Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL) at Lausanne,
Switzerland, and has a PhD and an MBA from Rushmore University.
He lives with his wife and two young daughters in Geneva, Switzerland.
Want to look for books in similar categories
|Some recent books on related subjects